var sidebar_align = 'right';
var content_container_margin = parseInt('290px');
var sidebar_width = parseInt('270px');
Database Administrator Laurel MD
Job Description for Database Administrator Mid-Level
clearance, but experience in the government
* Implements and maintains smooth operation and physical design of
* Reviews database design and integration of systems, provides backup
recovery and makes recommendations regarding enhancements and/or
* Maintains security and integrity controls. Formulates policies,
procedures, and standards relating to database management, and monitors
transaction activity and utilization.
* Responsibilities include:
* database loading;
* development and management of operational procedures;
* environment management;
* database health e.g.
* proactive and
* reactive responses
* Resource planning;
* Database upgrade planning;
* Backup and recovery strategy planning and implementation;
* Environment transition planning (development, test, stage,
* Candidate must possess experience with both Oracle 11g and MS SQL 2008
* Must be familiar with database design, creating schemas/instances,
tuning and troubleshooting.
* Should have experience with DOD security settings and best practices
for database engines.