Unanswered: Access 2003-10 Speed (?) Issues

Greetings,

My company is in the process of upgrading from XP with Office 2003 to Windows 7 and Office 2010. I have adopted a database that was written under 2003 - I think. I didn't write it and the guy who did has left the company.

The front end is compiled into an ADE file and copied to each user's machine. The back end is running on SQL Server and exists on a server in my building.

Users in my building are not having any issues running the database under Access 2010. Users in our other buildings can open the database and see some records, but forms will not run or load. The computers are the same model and have the same image installed. Running the ADP file the ADE was compiled from has the same results.

I am guessing it is a network speed issue, but we never had problems under 2003. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks,

Did you try checking the references in the visual basic editor. I'm not 100% sure what the issue could be but thought I'd throw something out there. Maybe the references have changed from 2003 when you went into 2010 and the ADO Object could be referencing an old library. I have looked into the 2003 ADO reference in the Visual Basic Editor and it is library 2.1 . The 2010 ADO reference is 14.0 so you might want to see if your have the correct references marked off and not having the 2.1 checked out. I believe that if you have an older version of access installed and then you upgrade that version it continues to have the older version of references , but I am not 100% on that.
    Last edited by l3en0it; 03-07-14 at 16:20. Reason: Update