Hi all

I'm in need of some help and I don't know if this is the right place to ask.

I'm trying to use MySQL for an XBMC databse. As I don't want my PC running 24/365, I'm using an Android app called Util Server on my AndroidTV box. The setup of the MySQL server was simple, I was able to create the user and tables no problem. The AndroidTV box can access it and so can my PC. BUT my AndroidTV stick or any other device CAN'T access it from my 2nd wifi hotspot.

This is my setup:

Wifi router in the main room. Connected to the wifi router I have my PC (via ethernet), my NAS (also via cable), the AndroidTV Box that's running the MySQL server (via wifi) and a PLC (TP-Link Powerline Connector) to send internet to the rest of the house.

In the kitchen, I have a Wifi-PLC and connected to that I have the AndroidTV stick and the mobile phones.

If I connect to the kitchen Wifi hotspot, the MySQL server is not accessable. If I connect to the main room hotspot, I can access it from any device, be it via wifi or via cable.

The IP and network is the same all over the house (I can access my NAS from the kitchen hotspot no problem). In fact the MySQL Server is on IP 192.168.1.5 and the AndroidTV stick in the kitchen is on IP 192.168.1.6 and all devices can see eachother in the house (DLNA, NAS access, etc).

I have used the command GRANT ALL ON *.* TO 'user' and have also tried GRANT ALL ON *.* TO 'user'@'192.168.1.%' but I still can't acess it from the kitchen hotspot.

Could anyone give me any idea of how to solve this situation?

Thanks in advance