Unanswered: Calling a textbox from a subform through code (not ControlSource)

Hi,

I am trying to call the value of a hidden textbox in the footer of a subform. I am trying to do it via code:

Private Sub Form_Current()

If IsNumeric(Form_RevisionTSubform.txtcount) Then

Me.CounterP.Value = Form_RevisionTSubform.txtcount.Value

Else

Me.CounterP.Value = 0

End If

End Sub

Bur regardless of how many records I have in the subform, it is returning 0. Can someone help? I want to do it via code, not through a control source, because I need to later compare that value to something else... When I use control source, the value returned is still always 0...

Would appreciate your help!! Should I put it under Form_Current or something else?

Thanks!

Randa

Provided Answers: 14
    Not sure about the way you address the control, see: Forms: Refer to Form and Subform properties and controls
    Have a nice day!

I tried this with every way.. I actually had this page open.. The problem is that if I use controlsource of my CounterP textbox in the main form, it returns the right value.. I can see it correctly. However, if I put the same expression in the Default value or through a code, I always get a 0... If I refer to the CounterP in a code under Form_current, I also get a 0 (or error).. Strange..

Hi Sinndho,

I think there is an issue with the delay.. The ControlSource of the CounterP textbox takes time to calculate. So in the meantime, form current executes the code and reads a blank value.. Or at least this is what I think is happening. I tried to put the code in CounterP_AfterUpdate but I still got nothing..

Any advice?

Ok, nope, not a delay..