Unanswered: Split Table into Multi Tables

I need some input about splitting a database with multiple tables and taking one of those tables splitting it into multiple tables. Can provide more detail if required.
    "Discovery consist in seeing what everyone sees and thinking what nobody has thought"

Provided Answers: 59
    Why do you think you need to split one table into multiple tables.
    The process is fairly straightfoward. Copy the structure then run an INSERT INTO QUERY, or an append query
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

I need to build what I believe is called a transaction table to keep up with quantity of on hand items that have a purchase invoice attached to its data. Basically I believe it is called normalization.
    "Discovery consist in seeing what everyone sees and thinking what nobody has thought"

My problem arises from purchases of a part number multiple times with different invoices, dates, quantities, & prices.

Sorry I didn't read last of your post. That will do exactly what I need. Thanks

Provided Answers: 59
    Splitting a table into several identical tables is not normalisation
    There may be functional or performance reasons to do this. Ferinstance you may want to restrict copies of the data for say sales staff on the road.
    If your reason is to handle the same part bought multipe times then splitting that into separate identical tables is a seriously bad idea and violates normalisation.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

My reason is the details table has field invoice which is duplicated many times depending on how parts were purchased on that invoice, same for date, and other issue field for part data and description is duplicated many times depending on how many times we buy that part number. I felt splitting table into multiple tables one for invoice data: date,number,quantity,price specific to that invoice using id along with part: part number,description,id, and supplier data and id put in a transaction table to prevent duplication would be better? Am I wrong in thought process?