Thumbs down Unanswered: Error message: Microsoft Access has stopped working

Hi all.

When either myself or another administrator tries to get into my Access 2010 database and enter information, we keep receiving the error message that Microsoft Access has stopped working. --followed by a prompt to close the program. Is there a glitch that anyone is aware of? Or are there any other thoughts as to why this could be happening?

Provided Answers: 59
    Could be a corruption of the MDB/ACCDB, try a compact and repair on a COPY of the file(s) that exhibit this problem
    could be there is something wrong with the app.. does it compile, are there any compilation errors
    are you running the app as a split db?
    back end shared on a network drive contains the data
    front end (ideally a copy per user on their desktop), contains the user interface

if all else fails try importing all objects into a clean new db
    there is also a utility that can 'fix' some Access problems, forget what its called, but no doubt someone will be along soon to let you know
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

I am running the app as a split db. How you described is exactly how I have it set up for shared use.

do you know how to compact/repair a split db?

yes
    take a copy of each file
    open each file
    run compact and repair
    jobsagoodun (with any luck)

When I get into the front end of the db and run file, compact & repair, Access locks up, stops responding, then gives this error dialog box.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails error front end.jpg  

so now you know which file has the problem
    try compiling the front end see if that makes a difference

if there is another tool that can be used outside Access to fix errors, but I cannot rememeber what its called

as said before another approach is to import all the objects into a new clean db

what have you changed before this error happened?

Id expect a collating sequence to affect data not a form or report

Well, the same error message popped up when I tried compacting and repairing the backend as well. So I'm not sure which file is the problem file.
    I haven't really made any major changes to the db lately, only inputting data really, so I can't imagine why suddenly it is popping up these errors. I'll try opening a new database and importing, starting with the backend.

Eh I tried importing both ends into new, separate databases, but I don't know how to set the relationship between the front end and the backend in tact during this process.