Thread: Re Size Forms

Unanswered: Re Size Forms

I have just updated my database to Access 2013.

I copied some code from here which re sized all my forms for each different pc monitor that uses the database. In Access 2103, this re sizing does not seem to work. Is there a way to make every monitor show the forms at the same size regardless of thier resolution setting?

Thanks
    Jabber

Provided Answers: 19
    When apps run fine on one machine and not on another, or run fine in one version and not when run under a newer version, one the first things you have to think about are missing references. This may or may not be the problem with this new installation of Access 2013, but it only takes a minute to check and it's worth checking out.

If you haven't checked for this kind of thing before, here are Doug Steele's detailed instructions on how to troubleshoot the problem:

Access Reference Problems

Linq ;0)>
    Last edited by Missinglinq; 03-14-14 at 21:12.
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Provided Answers: 19
    What, exactly, does 'does not work' mean? It doesn't resize? It pops an error?

My guess is that if it's not listed on his site he hasn't checked to see if it works/updated it to work with 2013.

The most common error made when using Jamie's hack is forgetting to place the modResizeForm module in the file; I mention this because I've forgotten to do that on several occasions when it's been a while since I last used it.

You might also check for missing references in your new install of Access; that's always a possibility when something works in one version but not in an install of a newer version.

You might also look at Albert Kallal's post (Post # 6)here, on resizing.

Access Help and How-to - Microsoft Office So, what does "Fit to Screen" do? - UtterAccess Discussion Forums

Here's a link to a commercial app that does work in 2010/2013. They allow a free demo download.

Resize Microsoft Access Forms with ShrinkerStretcher from Peter's Software

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007