Smile Unanswered: How To Disable Software Type and Version

Hi all.
    May i know is it possible to disable the software type and version of MS SQL ?
    The purpose of doing this, because don't want the server leaks the software type and version. This information would be useful to an attacker attempting specific exploits against the server.

So that, the recommended for this a disable this feature on server, since this has no adverse effect on the database.

If possible to disable or hide. can someone help/teach/explain the way to disable or hide the software type and version of MS SQL.

Really help and appreciate your help.

Thank you .

Provided Answers: 54
    I don't understand your question.

Are you trying to prevent the server from being discovered? If so, an external firewall is your best choice since it protects the server from most kinds of attack. A software firewall would be my next choice.

If you can help us understand what you want, we can probably help you. Another reader might understand your question better, and may be able to give you a better answer. If not, please try to explain what you desire in a different way and I'm sure that one of us will try to help you!

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

hide or disable the version and software features of Microsoft SQL server

hi
    actually my vendor as to hide or disable the version and software features of Microsoft SQL server. The purpose doing this because want prevent the database been attacker. So that, they required me to hide or disable the version and software feature .

is it possible ? if possible . can you teach and explain how to hide or disable version and software features of Microsoft SQL server

thank you

hide or disable the version and software features of Microsoft SQL server

Hi
    back to my question . i want to hide or disable the information that I`m attach in this post .
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	info_mssqlserver.JPG 
Views:	2 
Size:	61.6 KB 
ID:	15295