Help needed - how do I create a database for meals on wheels?

Hi, I'm looking for some help or advice in creating a database for a small local charity that has a meals on wheels service for elderly people, which currently uses a paper system to plan route, numbers on the routes etc.

I'm doing this database for free and I'm getting no money / benefit at all from this, apart from helping out a worthwhile charity.

The only problem is that it's been many years since I've done any database design (a level at college) and I've forgot most of the skills and coding.

So far I've managed to set up the customer detail table and their next of kin detail table but I'm struggling with the rest.

I'm trying to include on the database - customer details, days that they require meals on wheels - preferred calendar view (however with the option to temporally remove them from the delivery route when they are in hospital etc), assign customers to individual delivery routes (multiple) and be able to sort the order that people are delivered to on each route.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

I'm using Microsoft access for windows 8.

Once again thanks for your help

Tom

Help needed in database design

Hi, I'm looking for some help or advice in creating a database for a small local charity that has a meals on wheels service for elderly people, which currently uses a paper system to plan route, numbers on the routes etc.

I'm doing this database for free and I'm getting no money / benefit at all from this, apart from helping out a worthwhile charity.

The only problem is that it's been many years since I've done any database design (a level at college) and I've forgot most of the skills and coding.

So far I've managed to set up the customer detail table and their next of kin detail table but I'm struggling with the rest.

I'm trying to include on the database - customer details, days that they require meals on wheels - preferred calendar view (however with the option to temporally remove them from the delivery route when they are in hospital etc), assign customers to individual delivery routes (multiple) and be able to sort the order that people are delivered to on each route.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

I'm using Microsoft access for windows 8.

Once again thanks for your help

Tom