Unanswered: Find and replace

I am not a programmer and I need some help. I am having a website made for me. One of the things I have to do is change some numbers in formulas in one column to subscripts. Example: Na(Li,Al)3Al6(BO3)3Si6O18(OH)4

I want to change the data from Na(Li,Al)3Al6(BO3)3Si6O18(OH)4 to Na(Li,Al)<sub>3</sub>Al<sub>6</sub>(BO<sub>3</sub>)<sub>3</sub>Si<sub>6</sub>O<sub>18</sub>(OH)<sub>4</sub>

Doing this manually is taking forever but for the life of me I cannot figure out how do this using PG Admin III 1.16.1

I'm sure it is probably easy but I have been all over the web and can't find the answer. Some help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

In front of the computer
    Provided Answers: 54
    Welcome to DBForums!

I understand your pain... It is hard to find what you need when you aren't sure what it the little beggar is called!

Return to the 9.7. Pattern Matching section of the PostgreSQL documentation. You probably need to read most of the section, but pay special attention to the regexp_replace() function, since it is the key to what you want to accomplish.

In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Thanks for the direction, Pat. This seems like it will be very helpful. I'll give it a go right after I do my taxes