Unanswered: DB2 Express image for cloning workstations

Hello All,

I just created a Win 7 workstation in VM for one of our offices. An application will use IBM DB2 Express v 9.7.200.358.

I need to create one for every office and thus, clone this image as a base so I can easily create the vm machines for 50 plus offices. I was told by our vendor that I couldn't do it becasue of DB2 Express. Normally, I could just change the IP, MAC, and a few other configuration changes then I'm good to go. Is this possible with DB2 Express? Anyone done this? If So, what would I have to do?

Thanks,

Provided Answers: 1
    See if this answers your questions: IBM Changing hostname of the DB2 server - United States

You may also want to know that Windows 7 is not a supported platform for DB2 servers: Software Product Compatibility Reports - Detailed System Requirements
    ---
    "It does not work" is not a valid problem statement.

This suggests that some editions of Windows 7 are supported, except of course that Express-C is only has "community" support and no official support from IBM. I am not sure if OP meant DB2 Express or DB2 Express-C, since many people get them confused.

Installation requirements for DB2 servers and IBM data server clients (Windows) - IBM DB2 9.7 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    Last edited by Marcus_A; 04-05-14 at 21:35.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

Quote Originally Posted by n_i View Post
    See if this answers your questions: IBM Changing hostname of the DB2 server - United States

You may also want to know that Windows 7 is not a supported platform for DB2 servers: Software Product Compatibility Reports - Detailed System Requirements
    thanks, Let me try changing the hostname from the info you gave me.