Unanswered: BDB end user appearance

Hi - please don't label me as vain but I have just produced a project for someone who is fine with how BDB & the project works but thinks in appearance its about 10 years out of data.
    I am still on version 9.42 and have noticed version 10.xx allows for larger icons, however, BDB does not seem to give the first impression of a Filemaker project.
    I really like using BDB so any chance some of you could post screen shots of version 10.xx layouts / icons that are being used OR has anyone created a modern looking database with BDB?

Cheers
    Paul

Provided Answers: 17
    Here's two screen shots I can share that are probably not the normal expectation.

I have 6 others which are used in two food factories owned by the same family I'd love to share, but I'd probably get in trouble. They are very pretty looking. Everything is designed to be operated by Touch Screen and every graphic and icon used is from an external libraries.

From a pure eye candy point of view, HTML pages are also used to display FLASH Animations that display information pulled from external text files the database automatically writes to a sub folder.

Regards
    James
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails m1-kronos.jpg   ez-music1.jpg  

Have you got a screenshot of how it looks now? Obviously it depends what you are after, but you can make a huge difference using a custom set of icons, changing the fonts of every element and using white space and subtle shading. The coloured form backgrounds have to go IMO as they date the look straight off.

Hi - I've attached a screen dump of a typical project in BDB, as you can see I not most creative of people, unlike James - fantastic looking projects, but I think the HTML coding etc is a bit beyond me at this point.

I have seen another post today asking about large icons which appear not to be possible in the toolbar - this would certainly help.

Thanks
    Paul
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MTP Screen Dump.jpg  

I've attached a screenshot for a project I'm working on. I've changed all the fonts, but not made any changes to the icons as yet. Like you I've not departed far from the standard appearance. At the end of the day for these sort of databases what's most important is usability. The big enterprise databases from the likes of Oracle, SAP etc aren't exactly cutting edge design!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails design.jpg  
    Last edited by matty1965; 04-09-14 at 20:13.

Provided Answers: 2

Other ideas

I design with Corel different backgrounds and implemented in every module.
    Here are some examples:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sales Order.png   Dashboard.png  

They're really stylish. Is the second an HTML page?

Nop, there are plain fields located in certain place. What it make it look cleaner is the png background.

Cool, don't you have problems exactly matching the background colour? It would be better if BD allowed transparent background as an option for fields, but that only seems to be possible for labels.

It took me a little bit to find the trick regarding form background color (RGB).

After found the color that match my background I just continue using the same RGB color.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails colors.png  

Quote Originally Posted by Tubbritt View Post
    ... Everything is designed to be operated by Touch Screen and every graphic and icon used is from an external libraries...
    James,
    I am behind the times here but you have been extremely patient with me in the past so I must ask a glaringly simple question. Is it possible to just physically press an on-screen button added in a Brilliant Database project to activate the script if the user has a touch screen computer/monitor?
    Daryl G

Provided Answers: 17
    Hi Daryl.
    Yes, anything from Windows XP upwards that has a touch screen will work. Between XP to up Win 7 I also found that some installs of windows will need a VB Update patch installed. Without that they can crash the database in seconds when operated by touch screen.

With the patch installed, everything is rock solid.

Attached is a screen shot of one system I put in a factory. The weighing scales is connected directly to brilliant database so the user doesn't have to manually enter any values. Everything is pulled over RS232 from the scales straight into brilliant database by using a program called WinWedge.

Regards
    James.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Prototype.jpg