Provided Answers: 2

Unanswered: Record count at the top showing too many records

I have been experimenting with my database. As part of my experimentation, I deleted all the records from two folders (I did leave one blank record in each folder). After I deleted all those records, the blank record remained in each BUT the count at the top showed that there were a total of four records remaining (see screenshot) - there are no more records and I cannot scroll up. I later later added more real records back but the total record count is still off by three records. How can I gain access to the three 'invisible' records to completely remove them?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails too many records.jpg  
    Daryl G

Provided Answers: 17
    That's a bug I remember from v10.5. You should really be using the latest, v10.54 B.

Nasty things can happen in v10.5 with deleting records and using the database check and optimisation.

Chances are to fix that now you will probably have to load it into v10.54B. Empty the recycle bin, run the database check, and then optimise.

Make darn sure you have a backup copy of everything before doing this though.

Regards
    James.

Provided Answers: 2
    Thanks James. That is a good explanation of a strange issue but I will have to wait a while before using v10.54B. I can cope with having an erroneous number of records appearing JUST AS LONG as it does not affect the accuracy of the analysis that the scripts.
    Daryl G