Question Unanswered: Subform Data Entry Setting

Hi,
    I have a form which contains a subform that displays historical data. The main form is used to enter data, and the data entry setting is set to yes. The subform's data entry setting is set to no. It is a continuous form, meant to display multiple year's worth of data, and utilizes a scroll bar to scroll through the years. However, the scroll bar doesn't work and is essentially frozen. I have targeted this to the main form's data entry property, which is being inherited by the subform. When the main form's data entry property is set to no, the scroll bar works (but the form doesn't operate the way I want it to). When the main form's data entry property is set to yes the form operates how I want to, but the scroll bar on the subform doesn't work. I've tried setting the data entry property in the subform by accessing it through the main form, by opening that form independently, and by setting it in the OnOpen event for the main form. Any other ideas of what I can do here just to get this scroll bar to work?

Thanks!

Provided Answers: 14
    Which version of Access do you use?
    Have a nice day!

I'm on Access 2010.

Provided Answers: 19
    What is the reason for having the Main Form's Data Entry set to Yes? With this setting you can only enter new records in it. Since a record must exist in the Main Form before a record is entered in the Subform, there should be no records in the Subform, at this point in time.

Is the relationship between the Main Form/Subform one-to-many?

Linq ;0)>
    Last edited by Missinglinq; 04-08-14 at 18:36.
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Hi Linq,
    Thanks for your reply! The main form's data entry property is set to yes because I only want new records to be entered. Once the user selects a value from a combobox in the main form, the subform populates based on the selected value with the results of a query. The population of the subform works fine and I see data show up. The form works ALMOST 100% fine. The only issue is that I cannot scroll through the subform, so based on the size of my subform can only see the first two rows of data, not the third row.

And yes, this is a one-to-many relationship.

Provided Answers: 19
    Once again, if this is a one-to-many relationship, how can records exist on the 'many' side, in the subform, before a parent record has been created in the main form? You have to have a parent record before a child record is created.

Maybe a more detailed explanation, in plain language, of what is going on would help.

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007