Newbie Managing Tables

Hello,

I am tying to figure out the correct relationships between my tables. I know this question has been asked time and time again but i really need specific help on my Project. Restaurant Inventory Assistant.

I am trying to create a back of house system which a Chef could use to:

add/remove edit recipes i.e: a CheeseBurger which uses several different ingredients from different suppliers, and which cost different amounts.

Ingredients i.e CheeseSlices which can be used in various different recipes and which have a stock level.

Print off Reports which can tell me how many dishes i have sold, my stock levels

These are the Tables i am using:
    IngredientsTbl
    SupplierTbl
    RecipesTbl
    CustomerTbl

What are my relationships:

a customer consumes (has) dishes
    a dish is made of recipies, which may also be ingredients in their own right
    a supplier supplies ingredients
    a recipie is made of ingredients

design the entities
    normalise the design
    refine the design
    ...repeat as neccessary
    usually the relationships define themselves, once you have normalised the design
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Cheers for your help healdem.

You suggest that I should have a DishesTable? is this so i can handle extras, if a customer orders a cheeseburger with an extra slice of cheese?

You don't have a worksheet which is relevant to this particular scenario please?

S
    Last edited by Sonofhamilcar; 04-10-14 at 16:42.

given the outline of your problem thats probably the way I'd be lookign atit

the use of dishes was a mechanism of describing what you actually serve to a customer, which will beat least one something (whether thats a recipie or an ingredient). a serving could include a recipie, plus several stand alone ingredients, and or plus other recipies.

but being realistic I doubt you'd need a customer table, after all restaurants arent' really interested in a customer UNLESS its to book a table. and given the way most restaurants work they probably don't need an entity for customers, just record the customer booking on a table for a specific date and time

but then again I don't know your business, or is it homework, scenario
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton