Unanswered: DBA interview question

Hi. I have an interview for intern position in a company. It is mostly DBA related. Can anyone give please give me answer of the below question.

You have been commissioned, as a consultant Database performance expert, to improve the performance of a database system and the applications running on it.

a) Explain in detail what sources of information you would use while investigating the potential sources of database performance problems.

b) Critically compare the types of interventions you might make to try to improve database performance and the effects that these may have.

c) What precautions would you take before making the different types of
    intervention discussed in (b) above?

I have found some links but cannot join them all. Thanks.

Red face DBA interview question

Hi. I have an interview for intern position in a company. It is mostly DBA related. Can anyone give please give me answer of the below question.

You have been commissioned, as a consultant Database performance expert, to improve the performance of a database system and the applications running on it.

a) Explain in detail what sources of information you would use while investigating the potential sources of database performance problems.

b) Critically compare the types of interventions you might make to try to improve database performance and the effects that these may have.

c) What precautions would you take before making the different types of
    intervention discussed in (b) above?

I have found some links but cannot join them all. Thanks.

OK, so you've got a job interview.
    You are required to have a particular level of knowledge for that job.
    You will be posed questions (such as those above) to test your knowledge.
    You do not know the answer to the questions posed above.
    You are not qualified to do that job.
    You are asking for help to bluff your way into a job that you are unqualified for.
    Your inability to do the job will impact the other people in the team within which you are working, increasing their workload, supporting that which you said that you can do, but in reality, you cannot do.
    There WILL be other people out there who ARE qualified to do this job, because they have put the work in to learn the subject(s) in which they are required to have knowledge.
    Tell me, why would we want to help you in this deception?