Unanswered: Max_server _memory and query plan

I am using MS SQL server 2008, and just for the experiments sake, I have put max_server_memory to 1280GB and checked the estimated execution plan it is having Hash match and a cost which is very less than that when max_server_memory is 1GB.
    Can anybody explain how max_server_memory is causing change in query plan as well as cost, and what is the practical limit to max_server_memory?
    I want to clarify once again that i am talking only about estimated execution plan. and also, i don't have a ram of 1280 GB of course!

Provided Answers: 54
    The resources that you have to solve a problem greatly affect how you solve it.

If you have $10,000 USD and need to buy a car today, you have to make some hard choices and do considerable legwork.

If you have $10,000,000,000 USD, you call your assistant and ask them to have the dealership deliver a new Benz to your estate so that you can take your friends to dinner and the opera this evening.

The process is wildly different because of the resources that are available!

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.