Unanswered: SHMMAX and SHMALL

Hi,

Just wanted to know if at linux side SHMMAX and SHMALL parameters are updated do we need to take db2 instance bounce after that ?

As confirm from linux admin side "reboot of operating system not required. May need to retstart db2"

We are facing "SQL1084C Shared memory segments cannot be allocated. SQLSTATE=57019 " in our databases.

You can try bouncing it .. but usually if deactivate and activate it should be fine.
    - Ananth
    DB2 DBA LUW
    "coming second, just means you are the first loser"

Hi Ananth,

Thanks for reply.
    In my environment that system contains 6 databases and 4 are connected by applications, and only for remaining 2 databases we are facing this issue. We are unable to connect that 2 databases. So do you want to say I have to deactivate all other databases(active 4 databases) too ?

Yes, you can, i understand you are working with Linux and which does not have the capability to give back the memory to OS all times. The memory used by database will have to be released.

Pl. do mention you OSlevel and version going forward
    - Ananth
    DB2 DBA LUW
    "coming second, just means you are the first loser"

You are probably safe just deactivating all the db's but to be on the safe side I would bounce the entire instance. You are taking the outage already, might as well be sure. Bouncing the instance will not add much time to your outage.