Database Architect/Modeler/DBA (Oracle 11g) needed at the CBOE in Chicago, IL. 60605
This is a heads-up on several new opening with the Database Architecture team at the CBOE (Chicago Board Options Exchange). This full-time / permanent role comes with a salary of 110k-115K + Benefits and bonus package. Interested candidates should forward their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
***Please note that a face-to-face interview will be required***
Horizon Technology Partners, Inc. has an immediate opening for a Senior Data Architect/Data Modeler with solid understanding of Oracle 11g RAC Administration (Particularly, partitioning/indexing).
This is a very high transaction, very large DB environment, and the Data Architects all need a very high level of knowledge of Oracle's strengths and weaknesses from a physical/admin perspective when operating under such demanding use to insure optimal efficiency in all designs and orders the DA's pass along to the DBA group, including special partitioning needs and RAC implementations.
Your skills are needed to assist a large financial institution located in downtown Chicago, IL. with understanding their Business Rules and applying them to their data model and database design. The selected candidate will have a minimum of 6 years experience in Relational database design and administration on Oracle, with special emphasis on data modeling, analysis and deployment of large databases (100+ tables). At least 3 years with applications analysis and design - expert level Erwin skills are mandatory.
The successful candidate will perform logical and physical design and administration of multiple Oracle databases containing more than 500 tables for both real-time and batch applications; provide design alternatives to proposed processes as needed.
Strong experience with Partitioning, Indexing, queries, tuning and performance monitoring is required. Knowledge of trading or financial exchange systems is a plus.
Duties may include:
- Produce and document logical and physical database design using Erwin (Model Mart) as a data modeling tool, while working with users and developers to understand their data needs and relationships to existing corporate data.
- Maintain the Enterprise data model repository using Erwin ModelMart software. As part of project team, define tasks and design system architecture for new implementations, provide project status information to management.
- Perform physical database design at the object level, create DDL scripts, define database snapshots, table partitions, and backup/recovery strategy for Oracle 11g databases.
- Oracle database tuning and administration including security management, instance performance monitoring (TKPROF, AWR, ASH), table space utilization, schema object management, database capacity planning, *bottlenecks* and *offensive* SQL activity monitoring and resolution.
- Assist developers with application design and performance tuning.
- Coordinate testing with other development groups and operations. Identify appropriate level of testing and ensure that testing is complete before signing off.
If you are qualified, available, interested, planning to make a change, or know of a friend who might have the required qualifications and interest, please call me ASAP at (847) 202-6567, even if we have spoken recently about a different position. If you do respond via e-mail please include a daytime phone number so I can reach you. In considering candidates, time is of the essence, so please respond ASAP. Thank you.
Horizon Technology Partners, Inc.
1316 W. Northwest Hwy.
Palatine, IL. 60067
Ph: 847-202-3242 x106