Advertisement moved

I've put together a website/service that allows anyone to have their own MySQL database and create tables/populate them either with phpmyadmin or other tools from remote like MySQL workbench (Windows/Linux/Mac OSX) or MySQL cli for Linux. I am not a company just an individual who setup this service on a dedicated server, its new so there are no users yet and has lots of system resources avaiable. You can use the service for any purpose including development or imbed it in your application(s).

Free MySQL databases.

I was looking for a project during some free time I had and came up with this one for anyone wondering why I put it up.

Im running the latest version of mysql-workbench 6.1.4 on gentoo and it always prompts me for passwords when trying to connect to my databases even if i check the box for the password keyring, is this a bug or something to do with my operating system variable environment?

http://www.freemysql.org

I have a blog on my website FreeMySQL.org - Homepage its about mysql databases like the name says, we provide free database hosting in case you're interested.
    Last edited by Pat Phelan; 04-19-14 at 20:47.

Quote Originally Posted by meng_97 View Post
    We're building a multi-tenant database but is having a little problem figuring out how allow a tenant to do backup and restore of their own data.

Read that mysqldump is one tool. But is this the optimal tool for the job? We're expecting the database to grow enough for us to do sharding.(which is another question)

Would appreciate any help or link to references.
    I've used the following:

mysqldump -u root -p --all-databases > dump.sql

and then restored it completely with:

mysql < dump.sql

I didn't notice any performance issues and everything was restored to its original state, how big do you plan on having your databases grow to?

Free remote MySQL databases.

Quote Originally Posted by marius40 View Post
    I have a table containing data. The fields does not contain a key field (ID) or uniqueidentifier. I need to modify the structure to contain some form of unique field. How can I do this and update my existing records ....
    Why not do it in two steps? First alter your table using mysql workbench by adding your primary key ID field and then run a sql statement to update all the rows you need, or did you mean auto-populate the new ID column to have integers 1,2,3,4,5,etc.. inserted? I'm not sure I understand the question completely.

FreeMySQL.org - Homepage

new user

Hi all, been a member for about 2 weeks or so. I'm a Linux guy with database sql experience. I also run a free database hosting service for those of you starting out wishing to practice on a database without paying for it. Hope to meet some of you.

FreeMySQL.org - Homepage