Provided Answers: 1

Lightbulb Unanswered: ideas about running brilliant in web and android

I guess that we all would love to run brilliant apps in web or in a mobil device...

i have working and thinking about and i got some ideas... i will post them here (not a step by step guide, but a heading direction)

1. to run brilliant in android...
    i found a cool windows program called winflector. the homepage is Best virtualization software, application server - terminal services and RemoteApp alternative - Winflector.com

this cool program make something like a "remoteapp" or remote desktop to your android tablet, but insted of show you the whole windows desktop... it just show you a single program window. so... it is a remote desktop but you wond notice that. you will actually see a nice window inside android.

and the magic of winflector is that can give you multiple sessions in other words... you can connect 2 free users to a single windows pc or you can even connect more user (but you have to pay the software)

2. other option is just using an android or ios app that support rdp (remote desktop protocol) and remoteapp. (one user connected to a pc at a time)

3. access brilliant from a web browser.
    run brilliant in a pc, then acces the pc via "remoteapp" and show the remote app in a web browser (insted of show it in android)... you can do this using windows technology (microsoft call it webapp)(you can google how to do it, apparently it is not that hard)(only one user at a time) but gives you web access to brilliant.

- i did some research about and there is a linux program that can handle this. (web access to a remote desktop or remoteapp) the program is "guacamole" (yes like the mexican dish).

basiclly i got three options:

* winflector
    *remoteapp
    * webapp

** you can also use some citrix technologie, but... i guess they are tooo tooo too expensive.
    ** i guess something like winflector but opensource would be grate.

winflector is almost free (and can handle many concurren users at a time)
    remote app is free but you have to do some instalations in windows (only one concurren user at a time)
    webapp could be also free (only one concurren user at a time)

*** do you have other ideas... let us know
    Last edited by ferslash; 04-21-14 at 18:32.

-- i guess the brilliant guys want to surprice us with some web development... but my guess is that i will take a long time.

Other cool aprouch could be:

1. use the brilliant capacity to create html documments and upload information to a web server via ftp.

2. develop, hack or so... a way to recolect information from html forms and "pull" it inside brilliant. (maybe from the html form write a text file, and create a script in brilliant that every few minuts takes the info from the text file in the web server and pulls the information into the brilliant fields needed.
    Last edited by ferslash; 04-22-14 at 11:58.

Provided Answers: 17
    I'm only guessing here, but I think that the possibility of seeing Brilliant Database being able to also compile apps to run on a web server is likely at some point in the future.

We already know they have been working on this in the form of their “Do My App” website that now seems to have disappeared.

So it's not a far fetched idea at all. We already saw a variation of this idea running online.

Regards
    James

Quote Originally Posted by Tubbritt View Post
    We already saw a variation of this idea running online.

Regards
    James
    which idea James?

- the idea of artificially run brilliant out of a web browser
    or

- the idea of something similar to brilliant that has web capabilities? (if so, do you have some examples to see... i am so curious about it)

best regards

fer

Provided Answers: 17
    It was a complete web based system. Both the creation of the database, and the end users who would be working with what you created would access it all over a standard browser.

Not sure where you can see an example of it now though. It seems to have all been taken down. It was a bad idea in my opinion because you had to pay them a subscription for the service, plus your entire future was then in their hands if they ever pulled the service or changed things.

None of my clients would like the idea of their data being stored outside their servers.

Regards
    James.

Quote Originally Posted by Tubbritt View Post

None of my clients would like the idea of their data being stored outside their servers...

James.
    yeah! i really hate that model...develop, and then... pay us to us what you did

Provided Answers: 2
    Ferlash,

Have you test winflector with brilliant database applications?

yes, i tryed once, inside a local lan network and it worked good with no problems.

then i tryed from windows to linux and i felt that it was a little bit ustable that way, it was crashing sometimes when trying excel... but with brilliant from windows to android i liked :d

best regards

Thank you,

I did try local connection and works well; now I'm trying to mimic the same process on a WAN and compare the time response client/server using bdb vs Winflector.

Quote Originally Posted by spyroot View Post
    Thank you,

I did try local connection and works well; now I'm trying to mimic the same process on a WAN and compare the time response client/server using bdb vs Winflector.
    man, let us know your experience, or if you find another ways

(grate to know that some one is using the winflector thing, it took me some night surfing the net)

best regards

fer

Winflector

Hi guys,

I just want to let you know that winflector works great using bd projects through WAN and also with android app.

unfortunately there is no app for mac at this time. So no way to run any bd.exe on ipads

The speed for applications through winflector is acceptable.

Kind Regards