Red face Unanswered: Edit switch not working in Access

For some strange reason, I have an Access table that will still allow me to edit records when "Allow Edits" is set to "NO" I have other tables is the same database that work ok. The only difference seems to be that I have a filter set to allow only specific records in the affected table. Does filtering disable the "NO" switch in "Allow Edits", and if it does how can I get around the problem?? Many thanks - Piscator

Provided Answers: 14
    Quote Originally Posted by Piscator View Post
    Does filtering disable the "NO" switch in "Allow Edits", and if it does how can I get around the problem??
    No, filtering should no have any effect on the AllowEdits property of the form. I tested with both Access 2003 and Access 2010 and it works as expected. Which version of Access do you use?
    Have a nice day!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndho View Post
    No, filtering should no have any effect on the AllowEdits property of the form. I tested with both Access 2003 and Access 2010 and it works as expected. Which version of Access do you use?
    Hi Many thanks for reply. I have investigated further, and found my mistake! I was trying to update a field from within a Macro "On Current". This appears to have turned ON the "Allow Edits" after I had set it to NO. I have corrected this, and all is OK. Many thanks - Piscator

Provided Answers: 19
    That's correct; editing a Control through code will then allow that Record to be edited. Moving to another Record should then cause the AllowEdit Property to be reset to its original state.

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Provided Answers: 14
    You're welcome!
    Have a nice day!