Unanswered: Too Few Parameters, expected 1 Access 2003

I've tried researching this here and on Google, however most of the post are far more complex and over my head.

I did read one from a Google search that said the most occurrence with this error is incorrect field names.

I've tried really hard but I can't seem to discover whats wrong.

Field Names are correct to the letter.

My code goes straight across the page.

The yellow highlighted error is on the first occurrence of CurrentDb.Execute strSQL

Code:
    Private Sub Command140_Click()
    MsgBox "Normailze San Diego Office Names"
    Dim strSQL As String
    strSQL = "UPDATE [tblSandicorData] INNER JOIN [SandicorRoster] ON [tblSandicorData].[ListOfficeID] = [SandicorRoster].[Office Identifire] Set [tblSandicorData].[ListOfficeName] = [SandicorRoster].[Office Name]"
    CurrentDb.Execute strSQL
    strSQL = "UPDATE [tblSandicorData] INNER JOIN [SandicorRoster] ON [tblSandicorData].[SellOfficeID] = [SandicorRoster].[Office Identifier] Set [tblSandicorData].[SellOfficeName] = [SandicorRoster].[Office Name]"
    CurrentDb.Execute strSQL
    MsgBox "FINISHED SAN DIEGO OFFICE NORMALIZATION"
    End Sub
    Thanks much . . . Rick

Provided Answers: 14
    Code:
    UPDATE [tblSandicorData] INNER JOIN [SandicorRoster] ON [tblSandicorData].[ListOfficeID] = [SandicorRoster].[Office Identifire] Set [tblSandicorData].[ListOfficeName] = [SandicorRoster].[Office Name]
    It should probably be:
    Code:
    UPDATE [tblSandicorData] INNER JOIN [SandicorRoster] ON [tblSandicorData].[ListOfficeID] = [SandicorRoster].[Office Identifier] Set [tblSandicorData].[ListOfficeName] = [SandicorRoster].[Office Name]
    Have a nice day!

And the difference is . . ?

I can see a single difference from my code to your suggested code.

What am I missing?

Rick

It's [Office Identifire] instead of [Office Identifier]
    Have a nice day!

Yes the spelling was incorrect.

However the code is still not fully working.

I just don't' get it!

it's working fine in my other database which is where i copied the code over to this database.

Provided Answers: 59
    So youve demonstrated that you didnt check the typing of one column. Id suggest you go through each and every table and column name and make certain they are right.

then check the data... if you have an unescaped quote or speech mark in you data this can cause problems

id also expect the set clause to be immediately after the update table clause.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Carefully check the names in the tables towards the names in the queries. What you can also do is copy the contents of strSQL:
    Code:
    Debug.Print strSQL
    then copy/paste the SQL expression from the Debug window to a new query in SQL view and see what happens when you switch it to Datasheet view. Usually, the SQL interpretor highlights the offending part of the expression and the error message is often more explicit.
    Have a nice day!

Im expecting something like

update mytable set acolumn = anothertable.bcolumn join anothertable on mytable.thatcolumn = anothertable.thiscolumn

Comment out the last two lines of code

If I comment out the last two lines of code the first update portion works great!

The highlighted error is the second CurrentDb.Execute strSQL

Maybe this will help you point me in the right direction ? ? ?

Code:
    Private Sub Command140_Click()
    MsgBox "Normailze San Diego Office Names"
    Dim strSQL As String
    strSQL = "UPDATE [tblSandicorData] INNER JOIN [SandicorRoster] ON [tblSandicorData].[ListOfficeID] = [SandicorRoster].[Office Identifire] Set [tblSandicorData].[ListOfficeName] = [SandicorRoster].[Office Name]"
    CurrentDb.Execute strSQL
    'strSQL = "UPDATE [tblSandicorData] INNER JOIN [SandicorRoster] ON [tblSandicorData].[SellOfficeID] = [SandicorRoster].[Office Identifire] Set [tblSandicorData].[SaleOfficeName] = [SandicorRoster].[Office Name]"
    'CurrentDb.Execute strSQL

Thanks much . . . Rick

So what is different between the two statements?

are you certain that there is a columns called salesofficename and salesofficeid in table tblsandicordata

Aaaarrrrrggggg . . . . .

I stare at this so long I can't see the minor error in front of me causing the problem.

Healdem, (and others) were correct.

I had [SaleOfficeName] is lieu of SellOfficeName.

Yikes . . . two days for that.

Thanks everyone, really.

Rick

Did you try to copy/paste the SQL expression in a new query? If yes, what where the results? From the beginning I have the feeling that something is misspelled (and Healdem seems to share that feeling).
    Have a nice day!

You're welcome!
    Have a nice day!

The lesson from this is be more diligent when checking stuff. Dont just blindly assume you havent made a mistake. Be consistent in naming your columns. Ut doesnt matter if you prefer to sell or sale... but be consistent.

Im not even going to go near why you have an id column for an office and then stire the name in ibdivudual rows. It smacks of flaky design, of a non normalised design