Unanswered: system catalog tables

db2 v9.1 z/os

Is there a catalog table which shows index usage? As in when the last time an index was used.

Thanks

I am pretty sure there is not a catalog table with this info. To gather this info you may want to see if there is a monitor that can be set up. Most shops I have worked at that are running z/os normally have a third party tool (i.e BMC) which I am pretty sure can give you this information.

Provided Answers: 2
    SYSIBM.SYSINDEXSPACESTATS catalog table (z/OS), LASTUSED shows the date on which an index was last used
    Florin Aparaschivei
    DB2 9.7, 10.5 on Windows
    Iasi, Romania

There is a LASTUSED column in SYSCAT.INDEXES catalog view on DB2 9.7 for LUW, too.

Date when the index was last used by any DML statement to perform a scan, or used to enforce referential integrity constraints.
    This column is not updated when the index is used on an HADR standby database, nor is it updated when rows are inserted into the table on which the index is defined.
    The default value is '0001-01-01'.
    This value is updated asynchronously not more than once within a 24 hour period and might not reflect usage within the last 15 minutes.
    SYSCAT.INDEXES catalog view - IBM DB2 9.7 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows