Unanswered: Administrator that cannot access the Database design

Hi Guys,

Is it possible to create another administrator account which cannot access the database design?

Thanks

Ernie
    Last edited by mcmichael; 05-06-14 at 21:21.

oppps no reply here. I was thinking this is not possible, but I just post my question hoping that the brilliant minds in this forum have an alternative solution of blocking access to the script to other administrators by the super-admin. I wanted all the features of Brilliant database be available to other Administrators except for the design module.
    Last edited by mcmichael; 05-08-14 at 02:19.

Provided Answers: 2
    Hi
    Not sure what features you need for this user, but a client user within a new group with their own toolbar buttons could expand what a normal client might access ( many actions can be group dependent).

Hi David,

I wanted to create another user that will initiate database sharing, but it is possible only for administrators. I wanted to block the access to the Design module, but how can I do that when that user is also an Administrator?

Thanks

Ernie

Provided Answers: 17
    Hi Ernie.

All administrators have the same level of access so you can't impose the kind of restriction your looking for on another administrator account.

What you need to do is create a Supervisor account. (or as I call them “Super User” accounts as it makes admins feel a little better..lol)

Basically, your creating a new class of accounts who technically have the same level of access as a normal user, however you can hard code into your database certain functions you want them to have access to that a normal user won't have access to.

So for example you could create a drop down menu that only a supervisor can see and on this drop down would be a option like Share Database.

Regards
    James.

Hi James,

As always, thank you very much. This is all I need.

Regards
    Ernie.

Provided Answers: 1
    i dont remmember where... but, there is a place in brilliant, where you can specify that in a compiled version (if you are using ultimate) no one can change the structure of the database.

i guess it is declared in the executable configuration

best regards

fer

Provided Answers: 17
    Yes, that would work too but the other Admin would not able to open the database directly in Brilliant Database at all if you do that. They would only be able to open the database from the application you compiled.

To be able to open the database directly from Brilliant Database once this protection is activated, you must also have all the sub folders / files that were in the same folder as the database the time the protection was activated.

Regards
    James.

Thanks Fer it works now. James thanks for the added information.

Ernie