Unanswered: 'Send an Email " Template Editor Body(End) not working

Hi Guys,

I created an email template and added a recordset text formatted data in the Body(End) portion.

Here are some details:
    I created a form "form1" with many to many relational field. I also created another form called "My Company"
    I then create an email template which will send all the content of form1 to one recipient listed in form1. Then at the end of the email, i extracted the "My Company" info in the Body(End) portion of the email template.

It works at first, but after I exited BD, the lines in Body(End) in the email template will be deleted. Are you having the same issues?

Thanks

Ernie
    Last edited by mcmichael; 05-09-14 at 22:35.

I made further test and it shows that field cannot be placed in Body(End) area. The text formatted recordset variable works in the beginning but deleted by BD after exiting the database .

To make it simpler,

Here is what I want to achieve in the email

Hi Client,

Here are the m2m relational field records.

Thanks
    My Company ->Owner
    My Company -->Company Name
    My Company--->Address
    My Company --->Phone

How is this done?
    Last edited by mcmichael; 05-10-14 at 00:20.

Provided Answers: 2
    Hi Ernie
    If the company data is the same for all emails then a few variables set to this company data should show up on emails if placed on body of email. Otherwise a looping script may achieve what you need - send current record then update variables, move to next repeat etc. As usual just tossing ideas around and not proven but can see why would not work.
    Regards
    David

Here is a test database file for this problem.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Everything seems working except for the Body(End) portion. That portion is empty since BD will delete the lines after closing. Hope someone can fix this.
    Last edited by mcmichael; 05-10-14 at 06:05.

Quote Originally Posted by tamcind View Post
    Hi Ernie
    If the company data is the same for all emails then a few variables set to this company data should show up on emails if placed on body of email. Otherwise a looping script may achieve what you need - send current record then update variables, move to next repeat etc. As usual just tossing ideas around and not proven but can see why would not work.
    Regards
    David
    All the records in the relational field are sent to one recipient at a time , Yes, the company data is the same for all emails
    Last edited by mcmichael; 05-10-14 at 08:11.

Provided Answers: 2
    Hello Ernie
    Something a little odd with the email template - in your sample file template you have a begin and end part of body but when I create another template (in your file) BD only shows address, name, subject and body part. There are no begin or end body parts. Have not used email template for some time and can't recall what is normal behaviour. Any one else care to investigate?
    Regards
    David

Hi,

Please see the attached example without Body Begin and Body End parts.

rimpet

Use this example if you need to email more than 1 filed form relational field content.

Provided Answers: 1
    i had a lot of problems using the e mail, i quited using it in my app because it begun to crash everytime i use it.

in you case, have you tryed to "load" the data you need in a global variable?

maybe this could help you.

best regards