Provided Answers: 2

Unanswered: Importing EXCEL Files Using the Default Extension

I have a question regarding the format of EXCEL files when importing these files into Brilliant Database. So far, I can only import files that are saved in the earlier 'Excel 97-2003 Worksheet' format (*.xls). If I attempt to import files using the current default Excel Worksheet format (*.xlsx), I receive an error. Is there a way that I can directly import EXCEL files into Brilliant Database using the '*.xlsx' format without first having to save these files into the older extension of '*.xls'?
    Daryl G

Hi Daryl
    Just a thought but would the "rename file" script action work? Asumming the actual data is compatiable - not tried this, still using old MS office.
    Regards
    David

Provided Answers: 17
    Unfortunately this is not possible.
    The new excel file format is very different and not even backwards compatible with older versions of excel.

Regards
    James.

Thanks, I was afraid that something like this may be the case. However, all is not lost... the user(s) will just have to know to save the files for importing into the old EXCEL format. I will include a message that appears just before attempting to import to Brilliant Database to ENSURE that the files are in the older *.xls format.
    Daryl G