Unanswered: SQL and PL/SQL with unix shell scripting

Good Evening to all my dear friends....With the experience of 3 years in the field of oracle SQL and PLSQL now i want to learn UNIX shell scripting which was required to apply for a new job.....Whenever i apply for a job, the primary requirement is UNIX shell scripting along with SQL and PLSQL...I dont know which Shell script they can use if they are requiring for PLSQL with shell script --- bash, tsh, csh or any other shell...

Pls give me your valuable answers my dear friends....

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by satheeshsharma View Post
    ....With the experience of 3 years in the field of oracle SQL and PLSQL now i want to learn UNIX shell scripting which ....
    Did you spend those 3 years in a Windoze environment?

There are many free resources to learn Unix, but perhaps your Google is broken?

Here use mine: GOOGLE

The person who says it can't be done should not interrupt the person doing it. -- Chinese proverb

Provided Answers: 1
    When an employer asks for the ability to write a unix shell script, I think that they are asking two questions. One can you write a program/script in a procedural language, probably bash or ksh, that is much like C, Basic, Fortran, and two, do you understand the hundred or so unix commands that can be called by that script.