Location: Sterling, Virginia 20166-6913 United States
Duration: 5+ Months
· We are look a Java Developer to support a Raytheon development team. This person will be part of a dynamic team responsible for development of new software products. As part of a small team, the person taking this job will be expected to contribute to the team in many ways and must therefore be flexible and willing to contribute. The primary duties of this position include:
· Develop or modify software to meet business requirements using good object oriented design principles and the Java programming language.
· Develop unit tests to test portions of code.
· Document the software through the use of JavaDoc and software and functional specifications.
· Participate with stakeholders facing team members in defining feature requirements.
· Participate in team brainstorming sessions and constructive peer code reviews.
Desired skills include
· Rock solid understanding of the Java programming language and libraries.
· Candidate should have an understanding of good object oriented software design.
· Experience working with maven build tools is desired.
· Excellent analytical, problem-solving, process, communication and organizational skills
· Thorough understanding of user interface design principals.
· Some experience in working on agile team is a plus
· Desire and capability to quickly learn new technologies and grasp complexities of a software application.
The ideal candidate will have experience with Oracle Forms
The candidate must have experience with maintenance on a system using Oracle Forms.
The application was adopted from another State organization.
The project requires a developer to fix the bugs in the current system and fix according to the items identified by the business unit.
The ideal candidate will interpret the code and make the needed changes, as well as perform unit testing in conjunction with the business users.
A majority of the fixes are centered around data validation changes.
Oracle Forms – 5yrs
Oracle version 10 – 5yrs
Crystal Reports – 5yrs
Unit testing experience – required
Experience performing maintenance on an existing system - required
You are receiving this employment opportunity email because you uploaded your resume on CareerBuilder.
If your employment status has changed or you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can update your privacy and communication preferences from your resume by logging onto Careerbuilder.com: http://www.careerbuilder.com/jobseek...=RDB&etype=RDB
Or you can Block this employer from viewing your resume and sending you candidate emails.