Unanswered: Student Sign In/Out Database

In the Learning Center, my boss wants a database to replace the old database (not MS Access) we are currently using. We keep track of students signing in and signing out of the Learning Center. Hes asked me to work on it. Im hoping that we could start using this new database (see attached-created by "theDBguy") by mid-summer because we like it very much, but, of course, it needs modifications to meet the Learning Center requirements. I e-mailed theDBguy that created this and asked him if we could use his database. He said yes that we could use it and modify it to our liking. He said he would love to help, but hes been really busy and he doesnt know when he will be able to work on it. So I was hoping that you could help me. Attached is the database that we want to use. Also attached are the changes that we want. Please play around with it so you can see how its set up and check all the VBA codes, which I'm not familiar with at all. If you have questions, please dont hesitate to ask me anything.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Roseanne
    Attached Files Attached Files

Provided Answers: 59
    so whats the problem
    what are you stuck on
    what have you tried to date

if you or your boss don't feel competent enough to make the changes then perhaps you need to buy in some resource to make the changes your require.

this forum will help, but you need to do the spadework yourself, or if you can't or won't do the spade work then expect to pay someone for their time
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Signing Out

I created my own database. Please see the attached. I believe I have the sign in complete, but the sign out part is what I need help. When a student enters their ID and then clicks on the SignIn/Out button from the "SignInOutF", I want the form "SignOutF" to open. So, the database should recognize that the student has already signed in. You will see on this form the date and time of when they signed in. I would like their name to automatically appear in First Name and Last Name fields. After filling out the rest of the fields and then click sign out button, I would like all that information to store in "StudentVisitsT". Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Provided Answers: 59
    so effectively you have a form that registers log on / logo offs
    ..its the same form
    a user enters their ID (presumably as a text box entry, or combo list or barcode event

the form should query the DB to see
    ..is the data valid (check for valid user)
    ..is there an outstanding log off required (presumably based on some business rules that identify what could be a valid log off (assuming there is a log on event, without a matching log off. Im guessing those business rules would be based on time elapsed since a log off (ferinstance if its more than n hours since a log on event,m then the user probably forgot to log off).
    ..if there isn't an otustanding log off, then treat this as a log on event

you also need a procedure to force log offs

if it was me desigining the tabels I'd have a single table for log events. a log out is effectively the same data as a login

I repeat what is the problem
    where are you struggling
    what errors have you observed
    what steps have you take to clear the error
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton