Unanswered: Combo Box Auto Populate-Applies to EVERY Record

Hello,
    I am having a problem with my DB. I am building a database to help me register people for law enforcement classes. I created tables with info., and a master form to use to register students. Please see my attached database as a sample of what I am talking about.

Please open the form titled "April 30". On this form, I created a combo box for Agency Info., Contact Name and Date of Class. When I select an agency and a contact person, for instance "Police Department" and "Jane Doe", it automatically fills in all of the relevant information. However, it is applying those selections to both my records. Why is it doing this?! i.e. if I were to select "Police Department" and "Jane Doe" for record 1, and "Sheriff Department" and "John Doe" for record 2, they won't stay that way-the selections are being applied to ALL records. Does this make sense? Please view my database to get a view of what I mean.

Please help!
    Thank you!

~Access Newb~
    Attached Files Attached Files

Provided Answers: 24
    I think you need more tables. (but you may decide)

I would have your table : tblNameOfClass
    more like (for every class taught)

tblNameOfClass
    classID, "Perishable Skills Fall2013", 9/1/2013
    classID, "Perishable Skills Spring2014", 4/1/2014

a table to record the Roster of the Class: tClassRoll
    classID, IndividualID, [Pass/fail/grade]

a table to record class meetings
    tClassMeets
    classMeetID, classID, MeetDate

a table to record class attendance
    tClassAttend
    classMeetID, IndividualID

As for the fill in... Picking dept can show a list of results, so I would use TABULAR list form.
    From there you can pick an individual to see detail or to add him/her to another list
    The APRIL30 form design is unclear on its purpose.

Provided Answers: 19
    You're apparently using Access 2010 or 2013, so I can't open your file, in v2007, but when you enter a value for a Control in one Record, and that same value is then reflected in the same Control for all Records, then that Control is not Bound to a Field in the underlying Table; it has to be Bound in order to be Record-appropriate.

Having a Form titled "April 30" smacks of your database being non-normalized. You should have a Table (as ranman256's suggested tblNameOfClass Table) that holds your class information and that Table should have a Field to hold the date that a class is being given.

The rest of ranman256's suggestions are also right on the mark.

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007