Sr. Database Administrator/Engineer - Mountain View, CA (On-site)
Sr. Database Administrator/Engineer at Elance-oDesk
The candidate will be working on a high pace dynamic database operation environment supporting production operation of multiple business critical databases like Oracle, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, MySQL.
- Solid understanding of Unix/Linux kernel basics
- Solid understanding of RDBMS and NOSQL theories
- Fluent programming skills in couple of these areas, shell scripts, python, perl, java
- Hands on DBA experience with at least one of RDBMSs (Oracle preferred) on Unix/Linux production environment
- Hands on DBA experience with MongoDB
- A problem solver who can identify the problems and find solutions
- A team player who is eager to share, to learn and to innovate
- A good communicator who speaks, writes well to customers, peers
- A good engineer who knows priority, who knows technologies and understands business you support and makes the right decision based on bigger picture
- A self-motivated learner who wants to grow his/her career, a curious mind who wants to discover unknowns, and solve problems to make life better.
--Work with a purpose--
Working with us means getting in on the ground-floor of the world’s most exciting online workplaces. You’ll join a team truly passionate about reinventing the way we work, creating freedom and opportunity for clients and freelancers around the world in the process. In short, you’ll change lives—which will do wonders for your career and your karma.
You’ll also enjoy a bona fide work-life balance, with all the perks you would expect from a thriving tech company (think free lunches, sweet snacks, ping pong, and happy hours). This includes work-from-home Wednesdays, plus flexibility to move between offices in San Francisco, Mountain View, CA and Oslo, Norway. Along the way, you’ll draw a nice paycheck and work on meaty projects that change the world. Not bad, eh? So join us as we roll up our sleeves and create the future of work.
If interested, message me your resume or ask me questions.