Provided Answers: 2

Unanswered: Run-time error 3709 - The search key was not found in any record

Hi Guys!

I'm having a bit of a nightmare with an Access 2000 application formed of many synchronised .mdb files (one set for the server, one for each user and one set of design masters that I think might be the server set, although I'm not sure about this) that I inherited when a colleague was made redundant.

The above error appeared for the first time this week, after years of working correctly. I've checked via Google, and found that other people have experienced this issue due to data type mismatches (not an issue here), large volumes of data for a given field (not an issue here) and improperly initialised connections (not an issue here).

The problem occurs when the user clicks a button to update tables in preparation for publishing the sales figures for the previous period. The code behind the button is as follows:
    Code:
    Private Sub cmdPubActs_Click()
        Dim stDocName As String
        Dim i As Integer

If chkWarn.Value = True Then
        DoCmd.SetWarnings True
        ElseIf chkWarn.Value = False Then

DoCmd.SetWarnings False
        End If

'PA 1
        stDocName = "qmkInvOrdforperiod"
        DoCmd.OpenQuery stDocName, acNormal, acEdit

'AA 1
        stDocName = "qupdActualfromTempIO"
        DoCmd.OpenQuery stDocName, acNormal, acEdit

lblTick1.Visible = True

Beep
    End Sub
    The line that errors is the second instance of "DoCmd.OpenQuery stDocName, acNormal, acEdit". I've tried running the query manually, and get the same result. I've tried backing up the pesky file and compacting the live one, and running the query after that yields the same result.

Has anyone encountered this before, or something like it? I can post the structures of the tables and queries concerned if that would help, but at this point it's more likely to confuse the issue.

TIA!
    10% of magic is knowing something that no-one else does. The rest is misdirection.

Provided Answers: 14
    Are you using replicas in your application? If yes, please see: TriGeminal
    Have a nice day!

Provided Answers: 2
    Thanks - that link (and the pages that it linked to) were very useful. However, the error occurs when running a query within a replica, rather than when synchronising replicas. The article does not mention when a 3709 error is raised in replicated files, so I'll add this to the call log and see what else turns up
    10% of magic is knowing something that no-one else does. The rest is misdirection.