Question Unanswered: Brilliant Not correctly reading a time input

Hi all.

I am using Brilliant for a database for a moving company. Since we bill by the hour, I want it to be able to calculate the bill.

So I am not sure why, but it does two weird things

1. It always puts a period in the hour and minutes separator. So instead of getting 14:30 hours I am getting 14.30.

OK scratch weird thing number two. Now it's working :-)

Also, is there any way, I can put maybe a reference file so that BDB after it has read the two times (start and end) it can then, according to the formula I define, allow the charges to be based on how many minutes into the hour it calculates the bill?

Ex. if the total time is 2 hours and 9 minutes, it rounds down to 2 hours, but if it goes between 2 hours and 10 minutes to 2 hours and 39 minutes it only charges for 2 and 1/2 hours, while if it goes from 2 hours and 40 minutes to 2 hours and 59 minutes it rounds it up to 3 hours?

If not, I can do it manually, but not sure about the end users :-)

Thanks for any help or guidance

OK, now I got problem 1 solved, but still a new one pops up

Problem 1 was solved by a mask

New problem is this.

Let's say I put the start time at 8 minutes after the hour...In this example it would be 9:08AM

Brilliant records it as 9:04. since it appears to be taking time and dividing it into parts of the hour. If I want to record the start time as 9:15 I have to enter 9.25 to get it to read 9:15. This is no good. I even tried using a system variable of time in the field and it still is off.

Dumb question? Is there a global config file for Brilliant?

Provided Answers: 2
    Not ever had a problem with time in BD unless mixing set time with text and maths actions ( will give wrong result with maths). Not totally clear on your requirements but your idea of a lookup (folder?) might be possible if not too large (1000 or so) but you would need to script the creation of reference data - typing this amount of data would be a pain.
    Last edited by tamcind; 06-01-14 at 04:45.