Unanswered: Porting from XP to Windows7 (Posted 2 times, please ignore this one)

Hi,

I have several times succesfully installed postgresql on XP and W7 machines, without much care about datestyle (let Default ISO, MDY).

I do it with following command:

Filename: msiexec.exe; Parameters: "/i ""{app}\postgresql-8.3-int.msi"" /qr INTERNALLAUNCH=1 DOSERVICE=1 DOINITDB=1 ADDLOCAL=server,psql,pgadmin PERMITREMOTE=1 CREATESERVICEUSER=1 SERVICEDOMAIN={computername} SERVICEACCOUNT=""postgresMatinfos"" SERVICEPASSWORD=""xxxxx"" SUPERUSER=""postgres"" SUPERPASSWORD=""xxxxx"" LOCALE=C ENCODING=LATIN1 LISTENPORT=5432 PL_PGSQL=1 BASEDIR=""{pf}\PostgreSQL"""; WorkingDir: {app}

I have got a task to transfer a well working DB (installed on English XP, regional setting = german) to an english W7, regional setting = german.

Differently to my earlier experiences (also on W7, but with German or French OS), with the W7 english OS my dates are displayed by the client application in the wrong Format (mm/dd/yyyy). I can't also modified them (error message).

Why did it works, with the same Installation kit on other W7 machine and not on that english OS one? In my understanding, it should not depend on the OS language but on the regional Settings.

Thanks a lot for your help
    Last edited by hrech; 06-01-14 at 13:06. Reason: Posted 2 times

Transfer DB+Data from XP to Windows7

Update:

it seems to be only a client matter. When the application does not work on the same machine than PG, then date format is korrekt. I must see why on the PG machine the regional settings are not overtaken by the Client.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

I have several times succesfully installed postgresql on XP and W7 machines, without much caring about datestyle (let default ISO, MDY). I could use the format dd.mm.yyyy

I do it with following command:

Filename: msiexec.exe; Parameters: "/i ""{app}\postgresql-8.3-int.msi"" /qr INTERNALLAUNCH=1 DOSERVICE=1 DOINITDB=1 ADDLOCAL=server,psql,pgadmin PERMITREMOTE=1 CREATESERVICEUSER=1 SERVICEDOMAIN={computername} SERVICEACCOUNT=""postgresMatinfos"" SERVICEPASSWORD=""xxxxx"" SUPERUSER=""postgres"" SUPERPASSWORD=""xxxxx"" LOCALE=C ENCODING=LATIN1 LISTENPORT=5432 PL_PGSQL=1 BASEDIR=""{pf}\PostgreSQL"""; WorkingDir: {app}

I must now transfer a well working DB (installed on English XP, regional setting = german) to an english W7, regional setting = german.

Differently to my earlier experiences (also on W7, but with German or French OS), with the W7 english OS my dates are displayed by the client application in the wrong Format (mm/dd/yyyy). I can't also modified them (error message).

Why did it works, with the same Installation kit on other W7 machine and not on that english OS one? In my understanding, it should not depend on the OS language but on the

regional Settings.

Thanks a lot for your help
    Last edited by hrech; 06-02-14 at 13:54. Reason: Update