Unanswered: Query Generating different results

If I use this query I get the results what I want
    SELECT tblMainTWTTPSheet.txtRootCause, Count(tblMainTWTTPSheet.txtRootCause) AS CountOftxtRootCause
    FROM tblMainTWTTPSheet
    GROUP BY tblMainTWTTPSheet.txtRootCause
    HAVING (((tblMainTWTTPSheet.txtRootCause) Is Not Null) AND ((Count(tblMainTWTTPSheet.txtRootCause)) Is Not Null))
    ORDER BY Count(tblMainTWTTPSheet.txtRootCause) DESC;

But What I am trying to do is on a form select dates and generate data in this query. which doesnot happen even if I use the following query. Can anybody help me what wrong I am doing.

SELECT tblMainTWTTPSheet.txtRootCause, Count(tblMainTWTTPSheet.txtRootCause) AS CountOftxtRootCause
    FROM tblMainTWTTPSheet
    WHERE (((tblMainTWTTPSheet.date) Between [Forms]![frmStratificationOfRootCauses]![startDate] And [Forms]![frmStratificationOfRootCauses]![endDate]))
    GROUP BY tblMainTWTTPSheet.txtRootCause
    HAVING (((tblMainTWTTPSheet.txtRootCause) Is Not Null) AND ((Count(tblMainTWTTPSheet.txtRootCause)) Is Not Null));

Provided Answers: 2
    What does the second query return?
    10% of magic is knowing something that no-one else does. The rest is misdirection.

It returns nothing

Provided Answers: 2
    Hmm. It's been a while since I tried working on a query that takes selection criteria directly from a form, but try enclosing the form expressions in hash symbols (#).
    10% of magic is knowing something that no-one else does. The rest is misdirection.