Unanswered: DB2 - flashback recovery (rewind)

I am running on a combination of DB2 V10 Aix and Suse. I just received a request to see if DB2 has the capabilities of rolling back in time. This would be similar to Oracles flashback recovery. The requirement is we would create and populate a training system, users would use the system for a week or so and then at the end of the training we would rollback the entire system. I know I could do a backup restore, but wanted to see if there was something similar to Oracles flashback recovery where rather than doing a restore with a rollforward, you just rollback all the changes.

Quote Originally Posted by azready View Post
    I am running on a combination of DB2 V10 Aix and Suse. I just received a request to see if DB2 has the capabilities of rolling back in time. This would be similar to Oracles flashback recovery. The requirement is we would create and populate a training system, users would use the system for a week or so and then at the end of the training we would rollback the entire system. I know I could do a backup restore, but wanted to see if there was something similar to Oracles flashback recovery where rather than doing a restore with a rollforward, you just rollback all the changes.
    Have you looked at IBM - DB2 Recovery Expert for Linux, UNIX and Windows ? Not sure if it's included in some version or if you have to purchace additional licences anyhow.
    --
    Lennart

Provided Answers: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by azready View Post
    rather than doing a restore with a rollforward, you just rollback all the changes.
    Why would you need a rollforward? Why do you think "rolling back" one week's worth of changes would be somehow "better" than doing a restore from an offline backup?
    ---
    "It does not work" is not a valid problem statement.