Unanswered: db2 double upgrade / aix snapshot issues

Hi

We are trying to upgrade in a new server from 9.1 to 10.1 ( we checked with IBM earlier and moved from 9.1 to 9.7 and then we installed 10.1)

Its 1.5 terabyte db , it takes around 10 hrs to backup and restore , so to cut short the down time we asked to try aix snapshot . It will take the entire file system where we just need to change the db2nodes.cfg of the new server. we are fine with all the 9.7 installations and everything look good. but when we install 10.1 and tried to upgrade it gave us issues

Version of DB2CKUPGRADE being run: VERSION "10.1"

Database: "STRLPRD"

[IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/AIX64] SQL1326N The file or directory "/dbdata/db2home/strlprd/strlprd" cannot be accessed.

DBT5537I The db2ckupgrade utility has completed processing for database "STRLPRD".

DBT5529N The db2ckupgrade utility did not complete successfully. The database cannot be upgraded.

we sorted out by giving chmod 777 -R /dbdata/db2home/strlprd/strlprd
    it resolved the issue .but still we want to know whether it will have any impact down the line. please advise

Provided Answers: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by |cooldude| View Post

we sorted out by giving chmod 777 -R /dbdata/db2home/strlprd/strlprd
    it resolved the issue .but still we want to know whether it will have any impact down the line.
    Since you have granted all access to the database files to the world, potentially anyone can copy, delete or corrupt your 1.5 TB database and access data in its tables. So yes, potentially there may be some impact down the line.
    ---
    "It does not work" is not a valid problem statement.

we gave only the full permission to sqldir under node.. but my concern is
    rather than db backup and restore we did it through snapshot after running db2val commands it says everything looks good. is there anything i need to check other than it .. we did a normal db health check it look good as well