Unanswered: V9.3.3 pg_basebackup not completing

A new wrinkle has developed on my production server. I was trying to rebuild a standby server after another developer here was testing some scripting and broke that standby. Not a big deal as this is not a production system. However, part of the procedure for building a new standby involves taking a pg_basebackup from the master server and putting it on the standby as an initialization point. My pg_basebackup is not completing now, and stopped with:

pg_stop_backup cleanup done, waiting for required WAL segments to be archived

I've not seen this issue before, but since the database isn't production, there's not a lot of activity on it. Now, timeout has caused several dozen WAL files to be in pg_xlog and they all seem to be in the archive area. I can't seem to find anything telling me what's causing this or how to satisfy the utility. Anyone have any ideas?
    --
    Jay

Solved. I did not realize the other developer's script had broken the archive_command. My ssh keyring was non-functional, and has since been corrected.