Provided Answers: 1

Unanswered: how to change spell checking dictionary?

Guys, i would like to change the spell check dictionary to spanish... but... where can i do so???

i have checked almos all the .app files and i cant find any dictionary to change

any help is wellcomed.

best regards

fer from mexico

Provided Answers: 2
    Hi fer
    Not ever had to change spell check but from BD help the following may help.
    The user dictionary is stored in "spell_check_dictionary.txt" file, in Documents and Settings\User Name\Application Data\Brilliant Database... folder. You can manually enter here all specific words.
    Regards
    David

man! thanx a lot, i was looking for it and i could not find it

i will tray it now

best regards

fer

i cant find the above explainned file? is it something in my computer? some one can?

fer

Provided Answers: 2
    Hi fer
    Just did a search on my computer and your right - no txt file with "spell" found in BD folders or even a windows file search. Why the the help file mentions that location is a mystery - if BD support would reply they could answer in a flash.
    Possible slow alternative is create a simple form enter or import words and then do a spell check - adding words as required by clicking add to list. Need to check if this is stored only in current database file or permantly in BD before spending too much time.
    Sorry about this but assumed BD help would be accurrate with some thing so specific.
    Regard
    David
    UPDATE. Seems dictionary is stored outside database file - remembers added words when new database created.
    Last edited by tamcind; 06-19-14 at 05:39.

thanks a lot man!!!

fer