Unanswered: Mainform with a command button to subform

Hi,

I have spent hours researching and googling and I've hit a wall.

I'm trying to collect a significant amount of data that is separated into 3 tables/forms. A main form and 2 subforms. All 3 forms are data entry forms and the subforms are to be linked to the main form by a primary key (cellID). I would enter some data into the Main form then chose either subform 1 or 2 depending on a decision to enter the rest of the data.

I am trying to link a subform to my mainform through a click of a command button. My subforms are too huge to be part of the main form or in tab control.

My problem is, I can't seem to be able to link the forms if the subform isn't embedded in the main form. I think my relationships are set right but now I'm starting to question everything.

I'm attaching my database.
    Mainform: Autopsy Station
    Subform1:CellAutopsy
    Subform2:PitAutopsy

PrimaryKey: CellID

Any help would be muchappreciated.. Thank you
    Attached Files Attached Files

Provided Answers: 59
    sub forms are intended to be embedded......

but you can open a new form to add rows if you wish uform a command button in another form.

but Ive alwasy found design wise that its best to embed a sub form.

what you can do is embed both forms, but have neither visible at first, then display which subform you require as required.

if your sub forms are too big, then consider using a tabbed dialogue control to display 'chunks' of data. the only downside of that is that users cant see all the data they want and you may need to be a bit more savvy about any validation code.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Provided Answers: 24
    whadoyamean TOO BIG?