Talking Unanswered: Make tab on sheet change color to notify open items

Hi everyone. I was trying to see if this could be done. In a workbook I have a column for open questions. What I would like to maybe do is where there are open questions have the Tab on the sheet show a certain color or perhaps show the word "OPEN" on it. That way we won't have to go through the workbook to see if there are any open questions remaining? This is in Excel 2010.

Thanks to any info on this and Happy(belated) Father's Day to any fathers on here.

Bud

Provided Answers: 10
    This begs the question: why have you split the data in to multiple worksheets in the first place?
    George
    Home | Blog

to set the sheet tab color to red...

Sheets("Sheet1").Tab.Color = vbRed

- cheers

Quote Originally Posted by gvee View Post
    This begs the question: why have you split the data in to multiple worksheets in the first place?
    Because I didn't. This is something at my work and I am trying to make some changes. There are several worksheets relating to different things. This one worksheet relating to questions about the work and is there for each user to see any open questions. Another sheet is only for logging when out sick. IF it were me I would have everything in Access anyway. Too much work for them to keep up with all this data in Excel, but they don't listen to me. Anyhow, that's why.

And thank you slynde for your help. I will try this out.

Have a nice one,
    Bud