Exclamation Unanswered: Record duplicating Module than VBA delete specific fields in Table

Help please, I have created a form with a sub-form. on the sub-form I have created a button to duplicate the record shown, now I want to delete the DateJobRequested and some other fields so the operator if forced to add up to date info. At the end of my buttons code I am trying to call code, but my VBA code is not working. I am trying to use the command UPDATE. the tables name is JobTable and the fields are JobDateRequested, JobDescription ... I am using = Null
    Does this make sense to anyone? Sorry to take up your time with something that should be soooooo simple.

Provided Answers: 59
    so as part of your duplication process, after its completed set the values of the CONTROLS you want cleared explicitly
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Red face

Would that change the data in that field in the table? And just because I'm really dense can u give me an example. When I go to the build expression I don't have an option to set or manipulate. That is why I wanted to call code in the first place.

Provided Answers: 59
    no
    but if yoiu want a user to make changes to the data, then thats not the way Id do it.

I'd coy the claue of the current row, save that, then add a new row to the form, then get the user to edit thr dtaa on the row and save it when they are happy, or not save it if theydont want to.

INSERTING a row means you are insertign a row, whether the user wants to or not....
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton