Hi all.
Here's a little something I managed to do that you might find handy at some point in the future.

Traditionally when you add a field to a sheet, you have the option to have the field visible on all sheets of your form, or only 1 sheet. But what if you wanted the field on more than one sheet, but not on all the sheets.

There's technically no function for that inside brilliant database using the default options, so I had to get a little creative today. The following only works with v10 or higher.

In v10 there's a new option that allows you to run a script when a sheet is selected. You can use that function as a means to let your database know what sheet it's on and weather or not a field should be visible for the selected sheet.

For example.
I have 8 sheets in a form.
I add a Field to my form and I want to only see this field when sheets 3 to 6 are selected. So I add the field to be visible for all sheets.

Now to hide it from sheets 1,2, 7 and 8.
In v10 you have the option to run a script when a sheet is selected. So what I did was to create a global variable called “visibility”. When Sheets 1,2, 7 and 8 are selected, the visibility variable is populated with a 0. When sheets 3 to 6 are selected, the visibility variable is populated with a 1.

So now my database knows what sheet is selected, and now you can use the standard visibility rules to make a field visible or hidden by simply setting that option to check the value stored in the visibility variable.

You need to do a field refresh on sheet select also though to make this work as the visibility rule for the field is not updated automatically when the value in the variable is changed.

Works like a charm.

Regards
James