Unanswered: Highlight checkbox on got focus

Greetings,

I'm new to this forum, but have been lurking for awhile. I have a tabular form that has text boxes and checkboxes with each record in a row. I have all the text boxes set up with conditional formatting so that when the control has focus, the background colour changes to blue. However, I cannot use conditional formatting for the checkboxes. The users are older and find it hard to see where they are on the record when the focus goes to the checkboxes.

Is there some VBA code to highlight the actual checkbox when the user tabs into it?

I tried using a box behind the checkbox, but that affects all records. I need to just highlight the checkbox in the current record.

btw, I'm using Access 2010.

Thanks
    Last edited by Tinpusher; 06-19-14 at 19:14.

Provided Answers: 14
    When you use a form in datasheet or continuous view, the only way to modify the appearance of a control in a row consists in using the conditional formatting features. There is no alternative in Access.
    Have a nice day!

Provided Answers: 19
    Only workaround I can think of would be to
    • Use a Continuous View Form (it can be tweaked to look like a Datasheet View Form, if need be)
    • Replace your Checkbox with a Combobox, with the choices of Yes or No.
    • Use code in the GotFocus event to drop the Combobox list down, making it obvious that it has the Focus:

Code:
    Private Sub YesNoCombo_GotFocus()
     YesNoCombo.Dropdown
    End Sub

You can then bind the Combobox to the YesNo Field in the underlying Table.

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Sinndho - thanks, I was afraid that would be the answer. ;-)

Linq - your solution intrigues me. I will build the new form in a little while and give it a try. Quick question - you say to link the combo box with the underlying table. Will I have to change the properties in the table to a combo box or just have the form have the combo box limiting the options to yes/no and that will "check" the checkbox appropriately?

Thanks

Provided Answers: 14
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news
    Have a nice day!

Provided Answers: 19
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinpusher View Post

...or just have the form have the combo box limiting the options to yes/no and that will "check" the checkbox appropriately...
    Yes, the Combobox can have its Control Source set to the Yes/No Field in the Table, and it will 'check' the Field in the Table, when you make the selection from the Combobox.

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007