First of all excuse my bad english. I will try my best.
The Company which I work for offers a database program for the finacial sector. This program connects with a System-DSN entry with a MySQL database, which worked fine for a few years.
But a customer tried to install the program and send me this error: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified
While I tried to reconstruct this error, i got the same Error but can't reverse it.I got it after i deinstalled the ODBC-Connector-Driver even though there was a active connection. I reinstalled the Connector and the workbench but there was still that error.
The Customer even reinstalled Windows but the Error remains. But i have to say that, because the customer is in the financial sector, there are made some changes to the system. For example at the permissions.
I tried to install a newer driver and a 32 Bit Driver too, but still no improvement.