Angry Unanswered: Uh Oh! MAJOR Brilliant DB Problem

I have been using happily Brilliant DB Ultimate for several months now since I purchased 10.06.

All of a sudden today, it pops a a message saying my Trial period is over.

WHAT FLIPPING TRIAL? I bought and paid for the full version several months ago.

Is it trying to force me to upgrade?

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Larry

Provided Answers: 2
    Hi Larry
    Never heard of this happening after serial number entered but have you tried entering your registration number again? Like many things in BD now sure where this is stored but may have been deleted somehow.
    Regards
    David

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by tamcind View Post
    Hi Larry
    Never heard of this happening after serial number entered but have you tried entering your registration number again? Like many things in BD now sure where this is stored but may have been deleted somehow.
    Regards
    David
    Yes I have, still same issue. I completely ripped it out, and cleaned the registry, plus all the cached data, and then re-installed. Still same problem

Hi ,

If nothing else works, reformatting your computer may fix the problem.

Thanks

Ernie

Provided Answers: 2
    Hi again
    One other thing try downloading a new copy of BD of web site just in case some thing wrong with your current copy.
    Regards
    David

Provided Answers: 17
    Hi Larry.

My 2 cents. You say your running version 10.06. That's actually an old version of v10. Your Key Code being a v10 key will activate any v10 edition, including the latest version 10.54B.

I would suggest removing the version you have and installing the latest version. Those older versions of v10 were not stable at all.

I've no clue as to why you are having this problem, but I'm pretty sure Brilliant Database are not trying to get you to pay for any upgrades as if you can activate a v10 edition of the program, that means you can activate the latest edition and any future v10 editions they release.

It's not until they move to v11 will you have to buy a new key code to upgrade to that v11.

If you say at v10, your key code will work for your entire life.

Regards
    James

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Tubbritt View Post
    Hi Larry.

My 2 cents. You say your running version 10.06. That's actually an old version of v10. Your Key Code being a v10 key will activate any v10 edition, including the latest version 10.54B.

I would suggest removing the version you have and installing the latest version. Those older versions of v10 were not stable at all.

I've no clue as to why you are having this problem, but I'm pretty sure Brilliant Database are not trying to get you to pay for any upgrades as if you can activate a v10 edition of the program, that means you can activate the latest edition and any future v10 editions they release.

It's not until they move to v11 will you have to buy a new key code to upgrade to that v11.

If you say at v10, your key code will work for your entire life.

Regards
    James
    Thanks James

I upgraded to 10.5 and it seems to be OK for now. I needed to at least finish and compile the current application I am designing and the 10.5 is allowing me to do that. I saw that 10.54 was Beta so I chose 10.5 instead.

Is 10.54 buggy? I usually, unless I AM a beta tester, have a tendency to shy away from Beta versions. Is there anything new and delicious I should know about that would make it worth running?

Thanks

Larry

Provided Answers: 17
    Excellent, delighted to hear your up and running again.

Is 10.54 buggy?
    Seems to be the most stable version of all v10 editions. I've been using it a while now on clients projects.

Is there anything new and delicious I should know about that would make it worth running?
    There's a list here.
    Database Software Design and Management - Brilliant Database - News

Regards
    James