Provided Answers: 1

Unanswered: System error from db2start in Windows after installing service pack

Hi.

Windows 7. DB2 Enterprise Server Edition 10.1. Only one instance. Working yesterday.

This morning, I downloaded and installed Service Pack 4.

I had run db2stop successfully before beginning. Nonetheless, the installer prompted me that there were tasks running, and asked if it should stop them, with the suggestion that I might consider saying "no". But this is a completely private system for testing and I am the only user ... so I said "yes".

The installation completed, but now every time I boot, DB2 is not started. When I try db2start, I get SQL1042C An unexpected system error occurred.

I'll attach the dbdiag.log messages. Any suggestions gratefully received.

Art
    Attached Files Attached Files

---
    "It does not work" is not a valid problem statement.

It certainly did! Thank you.

One last remark, in case anyone else has this issue. The fix suggested by that link got me to the point at which I could start db2 manually after each Windows restart.

But, on checking the Windows Services panel, I saw that the service DB2 - DB2COPY1 - DB2-0 was marked for manual start. I changed it to Automatic start and rebooted, and now DB2 comes up normally.