Unanswered: Remote access vs local access

I hope I have the right forum. :-)

I'll try to explain what I'm trying to do. I want to use the MS Access (2010) application residing on the remote server on a Access database(accdb) that is located on my local (home) PC. I copied the database from the server. How do I get Access (running on the server) to work on my copy of the database?

I tried using my local (on my PC) copy of MS Access (2007) to work on the database, but but I get file errors (file paths look like server paths).

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Rags

Provided Answers: 59
    don't, seriously bad idea to use an access application (that includes the data) on a remote connection. Access doenst' play well with WAN's, LAN's yes, WAN's no.

the alternatives are to stuff the data into another storage mechanism (ideally a server db) and runs the Acccvess application on a local computer
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Quote Originally Posted by healdem View Post
    don't, seriously bad idea to use an access application (that includes the data) on a remote connection. Access doenst' play well with WAN's, LAN's yes, WAN's no.

the alternatives are to stuff the data into another storage mechanism (ideally a server db) and runs the Acccvess application on a local computer
    Thanks for the feedback. I'm not sure I understand what you're suggesting. I have no problem running MS remote data connection from my home PC. I can work with the database. I just don't want to "mess up" the DB while I am experimenting.

Thanks again