Provided Answers: 1

Unanswered: Unable to start full text

DB2 Enterprise Server 10.1 installed on Windows 7.

While trying to resolve the text issue, I upgraded db2 to sp4.

Both before and after doing this, I got the following symptom, running "as administrator" in windows. User id is in DB2ADMNS and Administrators groups, but is not the instance owner.

> set db2dbdft=xxxxxxxx
    > db2ts start for text
    SQL20427N An error occurred during a text search administration procedure or command. The error message is "CIE00340 Cannot start executable program "C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe". ". SQLSTATE=38H14

I will attach db2diag.log.

I looked through a few IBM incidents involving these error codes, but without anything clicking for me. In general, they involved Unix platforms.

Attached Files Attached Files

Toronto, Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by ArthurHGardner View Post
    The error message is "CIE00340 Cannot start executable program "C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe".
    I guess I would begin with verifying that the account that runs the DB2 instance can execute cmd.exe.
    "It does not work" is not a valid problem statement.

Well, every Windows user can do that. The trouble often is that to perform a protected operation, you must manually confirm "run as administrator".

Pondering on this, and wondering how Windows gets anything running, I took a new look at the Windows Services panel. There are 7 db2-related services, but I noticed that the main service (DB2 - DB2COPY1 - DB2-0) is marked for manual start, and so is DB2TS. They also start as db2admin, rather than as my regular network ID.

I tried setting both services to start automatically, and rebooted.

It worked, and I was able to create searchable indexes!